Search by Keyword
Commanders of the Muslim Army
Publisher: Dar-us-Salam Publications
Hardback, 6" x 9", 392 pages.
This book is about the lives of those noble Companions and Commanders who led the Islamic forces in the violent and strife-torn arenas of conflict against the Kuffar (disbelievers). They struck terror in the hearts of the enemy and the strong forts and palaces of Caesar and Chosroes trembled before their might. However in this compilation, there are not only the stories of the battlefields but also the stories of bravery and courage, valor and piety, austerity and simplicity. These stones describe the true circumstances that led the Muslims to fight snore powerful enemies than they were at that time.
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful "Muhammad (S) is the Messenger of Allah. And those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of prostration (during prayers). This is their description in the Taurat (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, and becomes thick and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the cowers, that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allah has promised those among them who believe (i.e. all those who follow Islamic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward (i.e. Paradise)." (48:29)
Table of Contents:
* Publishers Note * Usamah bin Zaid (R)
* Preface * 'Ikrimah bin Abi Hishdm (R)
* The Qualities of a Muslim Commanders * Mathna bin Harithah Sheebani (R)
* True, constant and firm Faith * Nu'man bin Maqran (R)
* Dignified personality * Qa'qa' bin'Amr Al-Tameemi (R)
* Valorous and courageous * Sharjeel bin Hasanah (R)
* Steadfast and resolute of purpose * Salamah bin Qais (R)
* Strength of will and ability to execute * 'Utbah bin Ghazwan (R)
* Charismatic and magnetic personality * 'Asim bin Thabit (R)
* Eloquent * Zaid bin Harithah (R)
* Excellent arms * Jareer bin'Abdullah bin Jabir (R)
* Generosity and liberality * Ja'far bin Abi Talib (R)
* A sense of justice and fair play * Huthaifah bin Yaman (R)
* Khalid bin Waleed (R) * Dharar bin Azwar Asadi (R)
* Abu 'Ubaidah bin Al-Jarrah (R) * Sa'eed bin Al-Aas (R)
* Sa'd bin Abi Waqas (R) * 'Ukashah bin Mohsin (R)
* 'Abdur-Rahman bin'Auf (R) * 'Abdullah bin Jahash (R)
* 'Amr bin Al-Aas (R) * 'Abdullah bin Hathafah (R)
* 'Abdullah bin Rawahah (R) * 'Ubadah bin Samit (R)
All Praises are due to Allah the Almighty, the Lord of all that exists. May Allah's peace and blessing be upon His final Prophet and Messenger, Muhammad, his family and his Companions.
Darussalam is pleased to present this valuable book, 'Commanders of the Muslim Army (Among the Companions of the Prophet (S))' compiled in the Urdu language, by a great scholar and a compiler of Islamic books, Mahmood Ahmad Ghadanfar and translated by our Islamic sister Jamila Muhammad Qawi.
This book is about the life stories of the Prophet's Companions who led the Muslim army that was trained by the Messenger of Allah (S)". Once during the training when the Prophet asked about the strategy to adopt in the battle, one of his Companion, 'Asim bin Thabit (R) had stood up with his bow in his hand and replied:
"When the enemy is a hundred yards away, we will use our bows and arrows; when the enemy comes closer, we will fight with our spears; when the spears break, we will have a hand to hand combat with our swords."
When the Prophet (S) heard this, he said:
"Doubtless this was the way to fight a battle. Whoever wishes to take part in a battle should adopt the strategy of 'Asim bin Thabat."
These great martial Commanders improved upon and developed the strategies and principles first enunciated by the Prophet (S). They loved death more than life in their pursuit of the righteous and true religion, therefore sometimes the opposing forces were ten times larger than the Muslim army and with superior arms, yet most often it were the forces of Islam which were victorious. Therefore the Prophet (S) gave some of them the title of Saifullah (Sword of Allah) and the title of Lion of Allah.
After the death of the Prophet (S), the empire of Islam spread over an area of ten hundred thousand square miles. We should have to study inevitably the lives of these remarkable military leaders if we are deeply interested in learning about the Islamic history.
Pray to Allah the Almighty that He grants them all - the writer, translator and editor and everyone else who participated by any means - the best reward in this world and in the Hereafter, for having supported in the completion of such a valuable book. Ameen.
Abdul Malik Mujahid
General Manager Darussalam
Submit a Review...
Note: All prices in US Dollars