Search by Keyword
Prayer According to the Sunnah
Publisher: Dar-us-Salam Publications
Hardback, 6"x9", 531 pages.
A complete, comprehensive book covering almost every aspect related to prayer (Salah) according to the Quran and authentic Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (S). It is a must for every Muslim to learn and educate themselves about this basic and most important pillar of Islam that everyone is required to do 5 times everyday.
Main chapters of this book:
* Obligation, eminence & Importance of Salah * Adhkar after Taslim
* Purification * Sujud As-Sahw (prostration of forgetfulness)
* Ghusl (Complete Bath) & its legislation * Qunut
* Wudu (ablution) * Voluntary Prayers
* Tayammum (dry ablution) * The Witr Prayer
* Dress of the Worshipper * The Night Prayer
* Injunctions related to visiting Masajid (Mosques) * Duha Prayer
* Timings of Prayers * The Abridged Prayer
* Adhan and Iqamah * Jumuah (Friday) prayer
* Congregational Salat * 'Eid Festivals
* The Qiblah (direction of facing in prayer) * Istisqa' Prayers
* The Sutrah * Prayer during a Solar Eclipse
* Khushu in Salah * The Prayer of Fear
* Regarding the Prophet's Guidance in Prayer * Salat-ul-Istikharah
* The Funeral Prayer
OBLIGATION, EMINENCE AND IMPORTANCE OF SALAH (PRAYER)
Salah (or prayer, plural: Salawaat) has an exalted status in Islam that is unrivaled by any other act of worship. Salah is the Pillar of Islam, on which the religion is firmly established. The Messenger of Allah (S) said: "The head of the matter (religion) is Islam, its pillar is the prayer and its highest peak is Jihad for Allah's cause" Tirmidhi, Hadith 2616.
Salah constitutes the physical, mental and spiritual submission to Allah which starts by pronouncing "Allah is Great" and ends with the Salam (salutation of peace). It is the concrete proof of our submission to Allah. It fulfils our very purpose of creation. Allah makes it very clear in the Glorious Qur'an that the very purpose for which He has created us is to worship Him throughout our lives. He tells us: "And I have created not the jinn and men except that they should worship Me (Alone). I seek not any provision from them nor do I ask that they should feed Me." Adh-Dhariyat Surah 51, V.56-57
"So glorify the praises of your Rabb (Lord) and be of those who prostrate themselves (to Him). And worship your Rabb (Lord) until there comes unto you the Hour that is certain." Al-Hijr Surah 15, V98-99
Salah is an obligation to be fulfilled throughout one's life and must be established even in times of fear. Allah said: "Guard strictly (the five obligatory) Salawaat, especially the middle Salah ('Asr). And stand before Allah with submission and do not speak to others during the Salah. And if you fear (an enemy), perform Salah on foot or riding. And when you are safe, perform Salah in the manner He has taught you, which you knew not (before)." Al-Baqarah Surah 2, V.238-239
The Prophet said: "Order your children to be punctual in Salah when they attain the age of seven years and when they attain the age of ten years hit them for abandoning Salah and provide them with separate beds." Abu Dau'd, Hadith 495
Submit a Review...
Note: All prices in US Dollars