Search by Keyword
Blissful Marriage (Drs. Ekram & Mohamed Rida Beshir)
Publisher: Amana Publications
Paperback, 288 pages
The book presents guidelines for a happy and successful marriage from an Islamic perspective.
This book provides the tools to achieve blissful marriage in a pragmatic and graceful way. Readers will find the following prominent features:
- Husband and wife are viewed together, as a team, instead of two separate individuals. This is fitting since the family unit is the cornerstone of Islamic society.
- An ample amount of practical examples for day to day living, as well as examples regarding other issues facing Muslim families in North America.
- Common marital problems presented as case studies with their analysis and solutions
- Detailed list of essential qualities for successful spousal harmony
- Tested and proven guidelines for the process of spousal selection in North America.
This book contains the right mix of theory and practice due to the authors' wealth of experience in marriage counseling in North America. All its contents are based on Islamic references from Quran and Sunnah and their applications to the contemporary environment.
About the Authors:
DR. EKRAM BESHIR is a medical doctor by profession. She was born in Egypt and has been living in Canada since 1975.While raising her four children, she has developed excellent knowledge of and experience in child psychology. Currently, she is volunteering her time as the director of Rahmah school in Ottawa, Canada, a weekend Arabic and Islamic school. She is very active with the Muslim community in Ottawa in the areas of study circles, children and youth camps, sisters programs, and marriage counseling. She has traveled within North America presenting parenting and stress management to Muslim communities.
DR. MOHAMED BESHIR is an engineer by profession. He has over 20 years of experience in da'wah work-having held various positions with MSA and ISNA on both the national and local levels, and participated as a speaker in ISNA conventions as well as the English program of MAYA conventions. He may be seen regularly delivering Friday Khutbahs in Ottawa-area mosques and Islamic schools. He is the current vice president of Muslim American Society(MAS) for Canada (a society that promotes self-improvement and dedication to Islamic work) and a member of its training programs to Muslim communities in North and South America in the areas of time management from the Islamic perspective, strategic planning, and tarbiyah. He has traveled all over the world participating in various Islamic workshops and programs.
Submit a Review...
Note: All prices in US Dollars